- Shoe box, more to the right side of the frame following the rule of thirds. Maybe even get rid of the box and have the ballerina take the shoes from a bag.
- Over the knee shot of ballerina taping her toes. I have reference footage which will give a more 3D feel as the camera has the dancers knee in shot giving perspective.
- Putting on shoe, change angle perhaps from dancers perspective.
- Jumping scene, perhaps from a view below the dancer or a pan of her body from feet to chest.
- Tutor will not be static, but will be seen watching her movement carefully.
- Cane shown from below, to show the power that the teacher is exerting.
- Splits, show from behind, and close up of her face.
- Bashing shoe, need more thought on the perspective of this scene.
- Pirouette from above and from below the dancer. maybe even a shot of the tutu turning.
- Dancer moving en pointe to the side. I imagine the camera to be at an angle and the dancer moves towards it.
- Simplify barre scene and put more dance scenes between it and the scene where her feet are shown battered. All the audience needs to know is that she is tired.
- Big opening scene of the stage, the music goes quiet for a moment then picks up.
- the choreography for the final dance needs to be changed. Will watch more ballets and see what movements go together.
- more dance scenes are needed in general.
Thursday, 26 January 2012
Things to Change
After my feedback tutorial, I agree that my drawing style needs to become looser and that I need to take more risks with my film as it is all too safe. I intend to start by changing my animatic, mostly adding more dance scenes and changing alot of the camera angles. I made a quick list of what to start changing.